Sunset Online Pharmacy

  • sunsetpha
  • sunsetphalogo




Print this page

Add Favorites

Sunset Online Pharmacy

Is there an equivalent of Viagra for women?

Given the success of drugs to treat erectile dysfunction, such as
sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis) and vardenafil (Levitra), drug
companies have sought a comparable drug for women.

Viagra has even been tried as a treatment for sexual dysfunction in
women. However, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) hasn’t approved
this use of Viagra.

Indeed, until recently there were no FDA-approved drugs for treating
sexual arousal or sexual desire problems in women. Yet 4 in 10 women
report having sexual concerns.

A prescription medication known as flibanserin (Addyi) — originally
developed as an antidepressant — has been approved by the FDA as a
treatment for low sexual desire in premenopausal women.

A daily pill, Addyi may boost sex drive in women with low sexual
desire and who find the experience distressing. Potentially serious side
effects include low blood pressure, dizziness and fainting,
particularly if the drug is mixed with alcohol. Experts recommend that
you stop taking the drug if you don’t notice an improvement in your sex
drive after eight weeks.

Female sexual response is complex. Sexual problems may be due to
difficulties with arousal, a lack of desire or both. Many factors can
influence sexual desire in women. For example:

  • Many women find that the stresses of daily life deplete their desire for sex.
  • Highs and lows in sexual desire may coincide with the beginning
    or end of a relationship, or major life changes, such as pregnancy or
  • For some women, orgasm can be elusive — causing concerns or preoccupations that lead to a loss of interest in sex.
  • Desire is often connected to a sense of intimacy between
    partners, as well as past experiences. Over time, psychological troubles
    can contribute to biological problems and vice versa.
  • Some chronic conditions, such as diabetes or multiple sclerosis,
    can alter the sexual-response cycle — causing changes in arousal or
    orgasmic response.

If you’re experiencing changes or difficulties with sexual function,
consult your doctor. In some cases, medications, hormones, creams,
clitoral stimulation or other treatments may be helpful. Your doctor may
also recommend consulting a sex therapist.


Price £0.36
Phone Number 02007265219
City Londonderry

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

8 + 2 =